Saturday, December 26, 2009

Naughty: Brandied Cherry Christmas Brownies

Overnight, soak 1 c. dried cherries in 1 c. brandy or rum and 2 t. cinnamon. Then melt 5 oz. baking chocolate with 8 T. butter; cool. Mix in 2 eggs, 1 1/4 c. sugar, 1 t. vanilla, 3/4 c. flour, cherries w/brandy, and 1 c. chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 20–25 minutes. Cool, cut, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Serve.

I invented this recipe. I was so proud of myself that I ate like a LOT of them on Christmas and then paid the price with an epic hypoglycemic blood sugar/mood swing that lasted well into the next day. Yet I provide this recipe for the baking public. Why? Because maybe some of you out there are wiser than I am, and anyway isn't Christmas really about driving onesself to extremes of self-indulgence, regretting it, and encouraging loved ones to do the same? Needless to say I recommend enjoying these on a full stomach, one at a time... if you're not allergic to all the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment